We have chosen to move to using Edoc as our out of hours service.
Locations: They have centre at St Columcille’s Hospital in Loughlinstown, St Michael’s Hospital in Dun Laoghaire, and At Carew House, beside St Vincent’s University Hospital ion the Merrion Road. Please note we do not have daytime contact numbers for these locations.
How the service operates:
When you first call E Doc on 01 22 34 500 a call-taker will take all your details and then a triage nurse will call you back. The triage nurse will discuss the nature of the medical problem and will decide the best course of action for you to take. This might be simple advice from the nurse, a call from the doctor, or the arrangement of an appointment to see a doctor in one of our centres. In exceptional cases and based on medical need and other factors a home visit will be arranged.
When you call please have your medical card number ready for the call taker and bring your medical card to the centre for verification by our receptionist.
When you come to one of the centres the receptionist will confirm your arrival to the doctor.
After the consultation a complete record of the consultation will be forwarded to your own GP to be added to your medical record.
GP consultations in E Doc are free to medical card holders provided that the card is in date, is in the name of the patient attending, and is valid at the time of the consultation.
For private patients:
- The cost of a telephone or video consultation with a GP is €70.00.
- The cost of centre visit GP consultation is €70.00.
- Should the doctor in the course of a video or telephone consultation ask you to attend on the same day for an in- person follow up face to face consultation, the €70.00 charge will cover both your telephone/ video consultation and the in person consultation.
- There are additional charges for additional procedures such as suturing, nebulization, dressings etc.
- The home visit fee for a private patient is €100.00. There is no discount for children or infants. This home visit service is free to medical card holders. Note that it is only in exceptional cases that E Doc provide a home visit service.